Application Support Analyst
The Application Support Analyst is a key member of our Managed Services team within FALMS, supporting our onsite enterprise telecom customers for their Production and UAT environments. In this role, you will work directly with our customers, providing L2 customer support for the CATS Asset Lifecycle Management Application.
This role requires you to provide timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customers to appropriate technical personnel. Troubleshoot software failures and design flaws and identify the application and/or user training problems when they relate to customer usage. Provides case status updates to Customer and ALM product personnel. Provide technical support for cases escalated by Customer L1 Helpdesk personnel and provide training and documentation as required.
In this role, you will work closely with the Customer, Business Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and QA on support, maintenance, release management, new feature implementation, etc. Using SQL, XML, PL/SQL, Zendesk, JIRA, Confluence, etc., this position is responsible for debugging customer issues, configuring production & testing environments, creating reports, maintaining interfaces, and backend processing in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This position requires strong problem-solving and communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to quickly research and implement customer solutions, and the desire to work in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic environment.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance for the users of the CATS Application
- Report issues, test the resolution of issues and communicate issue resolution to application users
- Add users, locations, and other data based on the customer's request
- Report on application usage, issues, challenges, and change requests
- Test defects on customer's hardware before migrating to production
- Develop or assist in the development of documentation and standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Participate in all phases of the application deployment, including UAT/Production deployment, release management, testing, bug fixing, and documentation.
- Schedule and communicate maintenance outages or emergencies
- B.E / B. Tech
Experience and skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Preferred 5+ years of experience in IT service management support role within Telecom Sector.
- Business Analysis experience is advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge of PL/SQL, XML, Database Views, SQL query optimisation
- Experience with Oracle DB, Weblogic, Linux/UNIX
- Working knowledge of Java, .Net
- Understanding of Telecom Asset Management processes and workflows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi required
- Comfortable working onsite and interacting directly with customers
- Experience working with key stakeholders in a demanding environment to effectively communicate/follow up on questions, issues, status
- Highly organised, efficient, process-oriented, motivated, and not afraid to ask questions
- Strong customer support/service experience with enterprise applications
- The candidate must be able to stay focused under pressure.
- Must have the ability to understand business issues and translate them to IT priorities.